SBB app pricing: 1/2 fare or full-fare?

• PlymouthGus
    Participant
    24 posts
    10 May 2023 at 13:51:25 #829814

Hi folks, somehow I had to remove the SBB mobile app and reloaded it. I’m in the process of comparing rail passes for our 2 week Sept. trip. I am trying to see if the prices are 1/2 fare ones or full ones. I thought I selected 1/2 fare but am unsure looking at Wengen to Mannlichen. It shows $13 per person, one way, point to point. Is that the 1/2 fare price? Also shows Mannlichen gondola to Grindelwald terminal at $16 each. I have not registered for a pass yet. Kind of embarassed to ask but thanks so much for the check.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Yolanda
    2352 posts
    10 May 2023 at 18:49:46 #954301

Hello there PlymouthGus,

Yes, it can be a little confusing.

The SBB timetable selects half-fare prices by default because it is geared for Swiss Residents and pretty much all of us have a half-fare card.

Click on full fare then the regular point-to-point ticket will be displayed.

So in your example, Wengen to Männlichen should read as 26 chfs as the one-way full fare price.

I hope this helps. Should you need further clarification or assistance with a rail pass. Do reach out.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

• The thread ‘SBB app pricing: 1/2 fare or full-fare?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.