Saver Day Pass on Bernina Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 November 2019 at 19:22:30 #824408

Hello – I purchased tickets on the HappyRail website for what I thought were specific tickets on the Bernina Express Train 953 from Chur to Tirano. However, when printing out the tickets – I see they are a SBB CFF FFS “Saver Day Pass”. Will this pass guarantee our travel specifically on Train 953 (where we already purchased seat reservations)?

Additionally, if so – would this SBB CFF FFS “Saver Day Pass” be able to be used on the Trenord/Trenitalia trains from Tirano to Milan?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    8 November 2019 at 19:55:55 #924851

Yes the Saver Day Pass covers the fare for Bernina Express trains.

No, it won’t cover trains over the border in Italy.

Anna
    6382 posts
    8 November 2019 at 21:01:30 #924852

Hi TWilks,

Yes, the Saver Day Pass is valid on the Bernina Express but not on the train from Tirano to Milan, as mentioned by rockoyster. You would need to purchase a separate ticket for that. For ticket options to Italy, please refer to this link: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy/price

For a detailed explanation about the Saver Day Pass, please see this: http://www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass and click on the relevant tabs.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Saver Day Pass on Bernina Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.