Saver Day Pass on Bernina Express

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
TWilks
TWilks
5 posts
Nov 8, 2019 - 7:22 PM

Hello - I purchased tickets on the HappyRail website for what I thought were specific tickets on the Bernina Express Train 953 from Chur to Tirano. However, when printing out the tickets - I see they are a SBB CFF FFS "Saver Day Pass". Will this pass guarantee our travel specifically on Train 953 (where we already purchased seat reservations)?

Additionally, if so - would this SBB CFF FFS "Saver Day Pass" be able to be used on the Trenord/Trenitalia trains from Tirano to Milan?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

rockoyster
rockoyster
7611 posts
expert
Nov 8, 2019 - 7:55 PM in reply to TWilks

Yes the Saver Day Pass covers the fare for Bernina Express trains.

No, it won’t cover trains over the border in Italy.

Anna
Anna
251 posts
top member &
Nov 8, 2019 - 9:01 PM in reply to TWilks

Hi TWilks,

Yes, the Saver Day Pass is valid on the Bernina Express but not on the train from Tirano to Milan, as mentioned by rockoyster. You would need to purchase a separate ticket for that. For ticket options to Italy, please refer to this link: www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy/price

For a detailed explanation about the Saver Day Pass, please see this: www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass and click on the relevant tabs.

Regards,

Anna

Last modified on Nov 9, 2019 - 2:58 PM by Annika

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019