Swiss trains luggage forwarding reviews?

• G_Witt
    Participant
    8 posts
    16 August 2017 at 1:04:51 #812979

My wife and I are ending a Rhine river cruise at Basel in mid-October. We want to make a four day loop from Basel to our fly out flight from Zurich on day day 5. We want to travel light and by train from Basel, short Bern stop, 3 nights based In Lauterbrunnen then one day visit to Lucerne and last night hotel near Zurich airport.The SBB website offers a service that I want to confirm. We would like to send our luggage from the Basel train station to the Zurich airport for pick-up prior to departure. Does that service work like that and, if so, any reviews on how well it works?

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    17 August 2017 at 1:49:27 #868430

Hi kcwgnw –

Welcome to MySwiss Alps –

I have used the service since 1980. Highly reliable. It works. Currently, the cheapest one of several variations takes a couple of days, so you should be good to go. I used to travel on business, then pack and send my suits to the airport, while I took vacation in casual clothes.

Also, we sent luggage to Samedan from Zürich for a week or so, while we spent time in Austria in the Südtirol, then came back into Switzerland via the Val Venosta and Zernez.

Check out the details:

http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/practical/luggage

http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/services/lugg age-and-flight-luggage.html

Slowpoke

G_Witt
    Participant
    8 posts
    18 August 2017 at 1:45:24 #868431

Thanks Slowpoke; glad to hear that service is dependable.

the links were helpful!

• The thread ‘Swiss trains luggage forwarding reviews?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.