SBB site advance purchase ticket Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 August 2017 at 5:52:54 #812865

Hi,

I was trying to purchase a point to point ticket on the SBB site, however, it appears that I can’t as the date is too advance. The last date available is 5 Sept 2017 which is a few days short of the date I need.

I guess I need to wait and return to purchase the tickets from Zermatt to Zurich, is that right?

Thanks

Katt

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 August 2017 at 7:00:22 #867959

Hi Katt,

Yes, you will have to wait. Online tickets can only be bought 30 days in advance.

Tickets don’t sell out, so you can even buy them at the station on the day of travel.

Alpenrose

Arno
    15483 posts
    6 August 2017 at 7:00:43 #867960

Hi Katt,

You’ll indeed have to wait, or buy the ticket from one of the other websites listed here without this restriction.

Note that if you have a Swiss Travel Pass, you do not need a ticket.

Have a good trip!

• The thread ‘SBB site advance purchase ticket Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.