Scenic route from Zermatt to Brig

• Chinthika
    Participant
    14 posts
    10 January 2020 at 11:24:29 #824839

Hi

Hi

We plan to visit Switzerland in June 2020 with our daughter who is 12

We are planning to visit Fiesch after staying in Zermatt for 3 nights. We will be using trains

Plan to store our luggage ( 3 check in luggage) in Brig and thereafter go to Fiesh to go to Eggishorn

Would like to know

1. Whats the best scenic route from Zermatt to Brig. There are few routes one a Direct link, another via Visp ? Which one is more scenic

2. Plan to store our luggage in Brig Train station. Will it be possible and if so what will be the cost per hour

3. We plan to go to Oescinsee too after visiting Eggishorn. We will be staying the night in Kandesteg. Is it a worthy hike?

Many Thanks

Chinthika

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    10 January 2020 at 18:21:00 #927712

Hi Chinthika,

In general, the route from Zermatt to Visp is very scenic. Both of the connections you mentioned go via Visp so I would pick the connection that gets me to Brig direct.

There are luggage storage facilities at Brig train station. Please find links to rail station services, including information about lockers sizes and prices, here: https://www.myswissalps.com/train/practical/luggage.

I love Oeschinensee. I think you will like it too. Staying in Kandersteg for a night is definitely a good call. The straigthforward and quickest way to get to Oeschinensee is to take the gondola or cable car from the base station in Kandersteg. At the top of the gondola station, you can either take a shuttle bus or hike about 15-20 mins to get to the lake. It’s an easy hike with plenty of photo opportunities on the trail all the way to the lake.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Scenic route from Zermatt to Brig’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.