Swiss scenic train reservation required with STP?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2018 at 9:03:41 #815715

Good day

My points of travel in order are Luzern, Interlaken, Bern with a day trip to Guyere, maybe Geneva, Zermatt, and Zurich. From what I have read I can take Golden Pass for Luzern to Interlaken. Are there other scenic trains I can take for my other destinations? I would not mind going to different stations just to experience the different scenic trains. Also which scenic trains need seat reservations, I am going for a more relaxed trip and do not want to put time constraints on my travels, so it would be easier for me to just hop on the next train without a seat reservation if it were possible with the scenic trains.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    4 May 2018 at 10:00:08 #884122

If you look at the map available for download on this page you will find the second page of the map shows all the major scenic trains.

The only ones on which reservation are compulsory are the Glacier, Bernina and Gotthard Panorama Express trains. You can follow all these routes on regular trains without reservation.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2018 at 19:16:54 #884123

HI Ariana,

You can read more details about Switzerland’s scenic trains here.
    If you take the regional trains on the scenic train’s routes you can hop on and off all day if you wish. Sometimes that ability is more important than being on the actual panoramic train (plus you save the reservation fees)… personal preference.

Let us know if you have more questions on them.

• The thread ‘Swiss scenic train reservation required with STP?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.