Reservation questions for Swiss panoramic trains

Reservation questions for Swiss panoramic trains

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
chandiamond
chandiamond
11 posts
Aug 8, 2017 - 12:54 AM

I am trying to make reservation for Bernina Express and Glacier Express.

Please advise how many coaches for each connection ? I am looking to book the first class seats but they are always full. In some days, it shows the Coach 22-23 and in some days it shows the Coach 12-13.

Will the RhR to release all the seats at one time or there will have seats released in different lots ?

In addition, can I cancel the reservation and to release the seats to other ? I understand refund is not possible but I want someone can take my reservation on the train that I will not ride on.

Kind Regards

Peter

Lucas
Lucas
5619 posts
expert &
Aug 8, 2017 - 10:07 AM in reply to chandiamond

Hi Peter,

Typically there are 2 first class carriages on each train I believe but it can vary. I am pretty sure they release all their seats at once. The only way for seats to open up once they are booked is if someone cancels their reservation - so yes, if you cancel your seats they will become available to someone else.

Lucas

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
2136 posts
top member
Aug 9, 2017 - 3:22 AM in reply to chandiamond

Hi Peter,

>> I am trying to make reservation for Bernina Express and Glacier Express... I am looking to book the first class seats but they are always full.

For each train:

> For which date/s are you trying to book?

> At what station will you board the train?

> At what station will you get off the train?

> How many seats do you want to book?

Alpenrose

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018