Scenic train rides from Luzern or Interlaken?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 September 2017 at 4:27:20 #813279

Hi, I’m Travelling from interlaken to Luzern on 21/7/2017 . Would I be able to travel on the Golden Pass scenic train?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 September 2017 at 5:06:28 #869864

Hi Sue,

Yes, part of the route. The Golden Pass route is in three sections:

• Luzern-Interlaken
    • Interlaken-Zweisimmen
    • Zweisimmen-Montreux

The trains with panoramic windows that extend into the roof only run on the Zweisimmen-Montreux sector, but the trains between Luzern and Interlaken (called the Luzern-Interlaken Express) have larger-than-normal windows.

All the trains that run between Luzern and Interlaken (and vice versa) travel along the Golden Pass route, so it doesn’t matter which train you catch, and you don’t need to make a reservation.

By the way, I presume you are travelling on 21 September (you wrote 21 July).

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 September 2017 at 6:13:01 #869865

Yes, 21/9! My mistake! Thanks so much! I’m also wondering from interlaken or Luzern , are there anymore scenic train rides I can take? But I can’t end else where as those 2 cities are my bases.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 September 2017 at 16:53:10 #869866

Hi Sueycr,

From Lucerne or Interlaken you could do the whole Golden Pass route to Montreux if you like. From Lucerne you could also take the Gotthard Panorama Express to Lugano.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Scenic train rides from Luzern or Interlaken?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.