Participant
    72625 posts
    17 October 2018 at 4:53:49 #818721

Planning a rail tour with our tell pass; choice is

Golden Pass line

Train from Interlaken to Lucerne and round trip

Or

Gotthard Panorama Express

Train from Flüelen to Göschenen and round trip.

Which one is more scenic?

I don’t think we can do both, so need to choose one.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 October 2018 at 15:58:58 #898054

Hi Pats,

I have a feeling this comes down to personal preference – both routes have their fans and both I think are nice.

By including the boat trip from Lucerne to Flüelen I think the Gotthard Express route to Göschenen is your best bet. http://www.myswissalps.com/go tthardpanoramaexpress/ gettingthere

Gunzel
    Participant
    241 posts
    18 October 2018 at 6:28:07 #898055

I haven’t spent much time in the area for many years but, following an article that appeared in a recent issue of “Today’s Railways” magazine I’m planning a two-week coverage of the area using a Tell Pass.

There are many scenic routes worth doing away from the “standard” ones visited by most tourists.

Whatever; enjoy your travels and always remember the PPPPP: prior planning prevents poor performance. The planning (and research) is often half the fun.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 October 2018 at 23:26:48 #898056

Thanks everybody; really appreciate!

• The thread ‘Scenic train ride from Lucerne with Tell Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.