Scenic train rides in Switzerland in November

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2017 at 15:12:37 #812179

Hi

Am planning to travel 6 Nov from Zurich to Lucern. Then 8 Nov train to Montraux. 9 Nov back to Lucern.

Plse advise train from the respective places and travel time

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    8 June 2017 at 20:10:50 #864733

Hi Imuifong, welcome to MySwissAlps!

You’ll find all trains in the timetable. The Golden Pass line connects Lucerne to Montreux.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2017 at 0:02:51 #864734

Thank you for ur reply.

I heard that scenic drives like the glacier exoeess and bernina are closed in November. How about thw golden pass.

I have 4 seniors aged 74-83 travelling with me in a group of 8. Any good advice re lodging where its convenient.

Thank you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2017 at 5:13:04 #864735

Hi Imuifong,

Yes, some panoramic trains do close for a couple weeks around November each year – however the Golden Pass line is a route and not a specific train. There are panoramic train operating on this route year-round. Please use Arno’s timetable link to see what trains are on the route the day of your travel.

The panoramic trains are listed as MOB Panoramic or Belle Epoque and run on the Zweisimmen to Montreux leg of the trip.

Click here for a list of hotels we recommend for each town: Zurich, Lucerne and Montreux.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2017 at 12:10:17 #864736

Thank you arno and lucas. Appreciate your aadvice.

• The thread ‘Scenic train rides in Switzerland in November’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.