Scenic trains with the Swiss Travel Pass

• Wallaby_Bob
    Participant
    65 posts
    19 December 2017 at 8:59:07 #813844

Hello once again to the crew and all Swiss Travellers,

As my trIp is quickly approaching I have a question regarding the Swiss Travel Pass.

I propose to buy a 4 day pass which will allow me to travel for 4 days in any month. If I travel on the Bernina Express on day 1 and then the Glacier Express on day 2, does that actually use up two of my days from my Swiss Pass. The reason I ask is that these two scenic trains are operated by a private rail company. I understand that a discount on these services is also available with the Swiss pass but have I also now used two of my four days of the pass.

regards Wallabybob

Sydney

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 December 2017 at 12:48:57 #873064

Hello Wallabybob,

Yes, that means that you will use up two days. Please also note that if you buy the Swiss Travel Pass, you will have to use the pass for four consecutive days (if you buy the 4-day pass). Read everything about the Swiss Travel Pass here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass.

If you want to have the flexibility you may want to consider the Swiss Travel Pass Flex. This pass is however more expensive.

Wallaby_Bob
    Participant
    65 posts
    19 December 2017 at 19:49:20 #873065

Thanks Chantal for your help and congratulations on becoming an expert on this amazing site.

regards Wallabybob

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 December 2017 at 8:09:11 #873066

Thank you Wallabybob. I’m trying to do my best. Pleased to hear you like the site.

• The thread ‘Scenic trains with the Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.