Scheduling a 5-day tour from Rapperswil

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2015 at 12:11:18 #807964

Hi Traveler!!!

i Had a schedule for my official visit to Zurich from 13th -23rd October, which included 5 days are my off days(14,17,18,21,23) and remaining 5 days are official .i have a big lists of destinations like Bern, Interlaken ,Jungfrau mountain,t ,Rhine falls,st.Moritz, zermat, rigi mountain, Heidi-land,Liechtenstein Mount Titlis, Lucerne, St..Gallon, etc

1. Can i cover these places through train in just only 5 days keeping in mind i have to stay in rapperswill which is near to my office ,and every night i have to return to my hotel as my off days are not continuous.

2.What is best ticket i can take to cover all this place .

3.Is it better and economical if i travel through travel agency for long places like interlaken and Jungfrau mountain?

4.Can anybody lighten me up for making a tour schedule?

5.For remaining official days (11am-2pm) can i visit any near by places on the way to Zurich from rapper swill for the event hiking,mountain pass,sledging as i will be free after 2pm till 10pm.

Regretting if i bother you through my questions.

Thanks a ton for helping me out. 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 September 2015 at 13:35:21 #846195

Hi Erkrutibs,

How nice to combine a business trip with leisure trips!

1. & 4. Here’s a suggestion:
    Day 1: Jungfraujoch and Interlaken, but you can safely skip Interlaken as there is not much to see
    Day 2: Bern
    Day 3: Lucerne and Mount Rigi
    Day 4: Mount Titlis
    Day 5: Heidiland and St. Moritz

Day 1, 3 and 5 will be very long, so please be sure to look at the timetable to make sure that this is what you want.

2. If you indeed will do this much traveling, a Swiss Travel Pass Flex makes sense. You can also consider an 8-day Swiss Travel Pass, since you will get 2 extra days for free through the Indian website.

3. You don’t need a travel agency for this. It won’t save you money or time.

5. You can possibly visit St. Gallen and the Rhine Falls in two afternoons. Please also see our Zurich page for ideas.

• The thread ‘Scheduling a 5-day tour from Rapperswil’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.