Schilthorn advance ticket purchase?

Schilthorn advance ticket purchase?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Zlick
Zlick
6 posts
Jun 12, 2018 - 11:08 PM

There doesn't seem to be any way to "book" advance tickets for the Schilthorn cable car if you're not paying anything for them; i.e., if you will be using a Swiss Travel Pass to cover the entire cost. That seems vaguely reasonable, since no money will be collected via the website for such a booking. But is it possible that when trying to purchase the tickets in person, they will already be sold out?

I've gone to the trouble of purchasing their "boarding passes" for a nominal fee, and I'd hate to be shut out of tickets just because we can't seem to get them in advance with our Swiss Travel Passes.

Related question: We'll be arriving the day before we plan on using the cable cars; can we buy tickets a day or two in advance at the on-site ticket office, or is it day-of sales only at the ticket office?

steslow
steslow
5 posts
Jun 13, 2018 - 6:20 AM

I'm in Murren now and travelled to Schilthorn just the other day with Swiss travel passes. All you have to do is show your passes to the ticket office and they will give you tickets to use to get through the turnstile at the cable car locations. There's no need for a reservation. You just hop on and off the cable cars whenever you want to. Hope that helps!

Lucas
Lucas
6479 posts
expert &
Jun 13, 2018 - 6:30 AM in reply to Zlick

Hi Zlick,

I don't believe I've ever heard of tickets being sold out. But I suppose the mountain could "fill up" up at the top and they could stop loading the cable cars for a bit.

If you have a boarding pass then you are guaranteed to get on the cable car at that time though.

As steslow says you show your Swiss Travel Pass and they will give you the ticket for free at the station. You can do this a day before at any rail station yes.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018