Schilthorn in late August: reserve tickets?

• Vlau7772
    Participant
    7 posts
    1 August 2022 at 2:10:45 #827933

Hello,

My family and I plan to go up the Schilthorn on August 25th, do we need to reserve our tickets now or could I wait till we are in Switzerland, about a couple of days before our plan trip.

Also could we do both Schilthorn and Trümmelbach Falls on the same day? We will be based in Wengen. Thank you.

Vincent

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    1 August 2022 at 6:30:35 #944984

Hi Vincent,

Reservation is not necessary for the trip to Schilthorn unless you’re interested in the combined mountaintop visit and special brunch or lunch package. You can buy your tickets on the spot or online: https://www.myswissalps.com/schilthorn/tickets. Be sure to check the weather forecast before your trip.

By the way, yes it is possible to combine a trip to the Trummelbach Falls on the same day. You can either walk or take a bus to the waterfalls from the Stechelberg cable car station after your visit to Schilthorn.

Regards,

Anna

Vlau7772
    Participant
    7 posts
    2 August 2022 at 1:16:42 #944985

Hi Anna,

Thank you very much for the reply.

My family also got the Swiss Travel Pass, and I see from the site that our STP does not cover the cable car tickets but only offers a discount on the tickets.

Regards,

Vincent

Anna
    6382 posts
    2 August 2022 at 12:24:23 #944986

Hi Vincent,

That’s right. With the Swiss Travel Pass, you get discounted travelling on mountain transportation. So you pay half price of the standard tickets for the cable car tickets to Schilthorn. Children 6 – 15 years old travel along free if you have the Swiss Family Card.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Schilthorn in late August: reserve tickets?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.