Schilthorn or First with cliff walk today?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
swiss4me
swiss4me
7 posts
Oct 11, 2018 - 5:26 AM

Hi

looks like it going to rain in Schilthorn & first cliff today and I wonder which one should I go today

don't ask me to stay in my hotel cause it's so expensive

If i go to first cliff would I still be able to do the outdoor activities like the first flyer, mountain cart

Or I should go schilthorn better

Is there tobogganing available now at Grindelwald, how to get there ?

thank you very much !

Lucas
Lucas
9841 posts
expert &
Oct 11, 2018 - 6:20 AM in reply to swiss4me

Are you based in Grindelwald? If it isn't currently raining at First I would go there right away. It might not rain until later today.

If it is already raining in both locations....well tough choice for sure. PS you are paying for the hotel whether you stay there all day or not. :) But I understand your desire to get out and explore!

If both places look poor right now, I'd leave the area and look elsewhere. What about Harder Kulm at Interlaken? Or a boat trip on Lake Thun or Brienz?

There is a summer tin-toboggan at Pfingstegg you could try out (but only if it is not raining otherwise it closes). Pfingstegg is about a 15 minute walk from Grindelwald train station..

AlpApe
AlpApe
3 posts
Oct 11, 2018 - 12:03 PM

Trummelbach Falls in Lauterbrunnen is a good rainy day activity since you're inside the cliff face most of the time anyway and the rain doesn't really matter!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018