Schilthorn or Grindelwald First end of September

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 September 2019 at 21:12:55 #823867

If I have to choose between Schilthorn and Grindelwald First, which is best? I will be there on Monday, September 30.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 September 2019 at 2:40:22 #922250

We were there just last month and visited both. My personal preference is definitely First. In fact we went there twice. Schilthorn we felt was over rated and much hyped. Unbeatable scenery at First, walking trails, an amazing restaurant outside and lots of fun activities !

Meemskirk
    Participant
    84 posts
    16 September 2019 at 5:16:44 #922251

We are still in Murren and also have done both. I agree with Reena that Schilthorn is kinda hokey playing off a hokey 007 movie. But the Birg thrill walk is a lot of fun; the overview of the alps lovely; watching the paragliders fun; visiting Murren is a treat

Grindelwald is a pretty big town with shops and restraints and the Eiger looming overhead. The First Bahn has fabulous views (better light in the pm—note you can open windows for photos).

It draws adrenaline enthusiasts for somewhat hokey thrill activities that book up quickly. The thrill walk at the top places you right at Eiger.

The popular walk to Bachalpsee had some vertical so it’s not a breeze. You can hike up to Faulhorn, which is very vertical but offers views of alps and lakes. Enjoy!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 September 2019 at 5:37:47 #922252

Hello Saved 3916,

Find some more input about the two places you mention in below links:
    http://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/grindelwaldfirst/
    http://www.myswissalps.com/sc hilthorn

I’m sure you’ll be happy whichever you choose.

Enjoy.

Best,
    Steph

• The thread ‘Schilthorn or Grindelwald First end of September’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.