Schilthorn with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 November 2018 at 9:39:00 #819028

Hi, may I know if someone could advice how do we book the cable car tickets to Schilthorn? My husband and I just bought our Swiss Pass from 24 Dec 2018 to 27 Dec 2018. Understand that with Swiss Travel Pass, the trip to Schilthorn is free. However, we could not locate where to buy the cable car tickets as the only option they have online is full payment or the half fare price. Hopefully someone is able to help us on this. Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 November 2018 at 10:06:37 #899529

Hi EJN2018 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Well there is no need to buy tickets to Schilthorn as you travel for free with the Swiss Travel Pass.

You will need to line up at the cable car ticket office to get a boarding pass to get through the gate though (need a ticket with barcode).

read about getting to Schilthorn here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sc hilthorn/gettingthere

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 November 2018 at 13:55:33 #899530

Hi EJM,

I went to Schilthorn twice in September 2018. Do check the weather the evening before you visit Schilthorn the next early morning. From Lauterbrunnen Bahnhof near the train station, take bus #141 to Stechelberg where the cable car station to Schilthorn is. Show your Swiss Travel Passes at the cable car station counter to get free cable car tickets in which you would need to scan the barcode at each cable car stations – ie Gimmelwald > Murren > Birg > Schilthorn stations. You may stop at any station in between your ascending or descending routes if time permits (take note of last few descending cable cars’ timing). On my descending route, I stopped at Murren cable car stn > walked to take cogwheel train heading to Grutschalp (need not exchange for free tickets on this train and next cable ride, just show your Swiss Travel Pass would do) > connecting cable car down to Lauterbrunnen.

• The thread ‘Schilthorn with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.