“Schnupper Halbtax” coupon for Swiss trains

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2020 at 21:25:01 #825582

Hello to all experts

Does anyone know if there is now a Schnupper Halbtax? usually it could be downloaded for free from somewhere online, i would appreciate any advise

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2020 at 9:25:31 #932611

Hi Rubmat,

I haven’t seen any of these coupons yet, but I made a quick search and I believe they can be found in newspapers and not online.

Also see these tips on how to save money in Switzerland: http://www.myswissalps.com/plantrip/doityourself/savemoney

Ildiko

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2020 at 10:41:40 #932612

Dear Ildiko

I know that usually they are found in newspaper, but the newspaper itself should always also be found online. I know people are taking it also from newspapers online.

Thanks anyway

Anna
    6376 posts
    19 June 2020 at 6:22:01 #932613

Hi Rubmat,

The SBB Schnupper Halbtax gutschein (trial Half-Fare voucher) is usually offered in partnership with the media or event organisers. It is only valid for residents and cross border workers. I think there is a current promotion here: http://www.biketowork.ch/en/shop-details/sbb_halbtax

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2020 at 11:46:12 #932614

Dear Anna

Thanks for the link, but this is only valid in august not now, it should be also for now, as i know someone that has one from a zeitung

Thanks

Anna
    6376 posts
    19 June 2020 at 13:03:13 #932615

Hi Rubmat,

Sorry, I have no information about current Schnupper Hlabtax promotion that is valid immediately. Perhaps it’s best to ask your friend which print media or newspaper that is the running the promotion.

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2020 at 10:25:46 #932616

Great post, a lot of stuff in here i did not know about

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2020 at 11:04:05 #932617

Dear Hayliebarnes

I am very glad to know that you got knowledge from this treat.

Maybe you will be successful by finding the coupon that is valid already now, it could always be found online, usually in a magazine (i am not good in searching online).

All the best

• The thread ‘“Schnupper Halbtax” coupon for Swiss trains’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.