Schynige Platte trail open in early June?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2017 at 11:35:15 #811382

Hello there,

My husband and I will be in Wengen in beginning of June, and were wondering when the trail opens…

We were there last October and it was amazing – I can’t imaging being in the region again without doing the Schynige Platte – First trail again.

I saw a really old post from 2013 that said the trail opens on June 15th, but since this year is especially warm was hopeful that perhaps it will open earlier.

As I can’t seem to find any site with this info, was wondering if anyone here knows…

Thanks in advance,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2017 at 17:02:34 #861426

Hi TS2017,

Unfortunately, there isn’t a hard date for opening times for Schynige Platte or other hikes in the higher elevations. If the weather continues to stay warm it may well be open in early June, but I don’t think anyone can say for sure.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 April 2017 at 5:26:08 #861427

Dear Lucas,

Thanks for the quick response 🙂

So I guess it will be a gamble… hopefully we will have luck on our side.

Tamar

• The thread ‘Schynige Platte trail open in early June?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.