Schynige Platte vs Pilatus vs Jungfraujoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2017 at 18:42:32 #812531

Hi everybody,

Staying in Switzerland only for 4 nights with B Oberland as base. Intend to go to EITHER Schynige Plage OR Pilatus OR Jungfaujoch OR any other Peak you would suggest.

Appreciate your advice on the following :-

1. I am buying a Swiss Travel Pass. Any discount on the above trip, and the difference in discount ?

2. Since I guess I shall be quite contented with the mountain views at the B Oberland region, therefore would like to see something different. Which of the above would you suggest I should go for ?

3. And the time required for each of these trips, as my time is quite limited ?

4. Will it be much colder up there ? I shall be going in August.

5. Any other peak you would suggest apart from the above three ?

Thanks !

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    6 July 2017 at 5:22:39 #866322

Hi Tazbb,

1. Jungfraujoch is discounted and the others are free. You’ll find all details and a map here.

2./3. For the Bernese Oberland views you need to exclude Pilatus. Please see our Schynige Platte and Jungfraujoch pages for what to expect and pictures. They’re totally different. Both are wonderful.

4. Particularly Jungfraujoch will be much colder than the valley. But it all depends on the weather of the day.

5. There are many, many options. It depends on your interests and the area you’ll stay in. Please see myswissalps.com/activi ties/naturalsites and you’ll find plenty to do for now, and for many more trips 😉

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2017 at 19:25:46 #866323

Hi Arno,

Thanks for the useful information. MySwissAlps is really helpful 🙂

• The thread ‘Schynige Platte vs Pilatus vs Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.