Best apartment location in Scuol Switzerland?

• Adelaidean
    Participant
    121 posts
    7 June 2018 at 9:04:08 #816502

Alpenrose did a great report on Scuol and now I have to see it! Am planning a week, aware that the Sat to Sat bookings are standard.

But, am finding it tricky to imagine how the town ‘works’. There seem to be hotels more clustered on an upper part, and it sounds like the lower part has a nice historic part plus close to river and forests.

So, where to locate ourselves? I found an apartment on Stradun 412, others near Posta bus stop, then some high on upper town. Am assuming west or lower town is good, as we’ll be at the station quite a bit and there is a Coop nearby. I thought it was rather small, but it seems there is a bit of urban sprawl with holiday apartments. So on the periphery might not be ideal.

Am I overthinking this…

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    7 June 2018 at 11:31:19 #887637

Hi Adelaidean,

There is certainly a risk in all the good trip reports people submit here! It makes you want to go everywhere 🙂 I don’t know Scuol well enough to recommend one area over the other. It is indeed a longish town, around 2 km. I think the location you mentioned could be ideal as it is at walking distance from the train station and a supermarket (Coop).

If you want to explore more options you can take a look here: https://www.e-domizil.ch/en/holiday-houses/ch/lower-engadine/scuol/881/104 2785/.

Adelaidean
    Participant
    121 posts
    7 June 2018 at 11:46:41 #887638

Yes, thanks Arno, that is the site I am using. So much choice for a small town!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 2:44:05 #887639

Hi Adelaidean,

Scuol is indeed quite spread out, and built on a hillside. Some areas are a long way from the station. The town bus runs to and from the station along Stradun and also loops through the upper and lower parts of the town, but only runs until a bit after 6pm. After that, there are some inter-town buses running from the station along Stradun until about 8:30pm. There seems to be some sort of public taxi service after that until close to midnight, for which reservations are compulsory.

Feel free to post your shortlist of apartments, and if I am familiar with their locations, I’ll be happy to give you any info I can.

When I was in Scuol for a week, I stayed in a private room with ensuite at the Youth Hostel, adjacent to the railway station. I posted some pictures of it in my post of Jul 11, 2017 – 2:31 AM (and the one following) on this page:

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/base-for-hiking-in-lower-engadine

Their official page is here:

http://www.youthhostel.ch/en/ hostels/scuol/

Alpenrose

Adelaidean
    Participant
    121 posts
    8 June 2018 at 6:42:45 #887640

Thanks Alpenrose, there are groups of apartments on Stradun, halfway between Posta and Belvedere bus stops that I thought might be a good option for walking back and forth to the station, proximity to grocery shops, and near restaurants. This area overlooks the old lower town and has lovely mountain views.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 7:35:26 #887641

>> groups of apartments on Stradun, halfway between Posta and Belvedere bus stops

Yes, I agree, that location gives you the best of everything!

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Best apartment location in Scuol Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.