Forward seats Glacier Express Zermatt-St. Moritz

• Skorky
    Participant
    8 posts
    12 April 2019 at 15:15:28 #820934

My trip is planned except for purchasing my seat reservations on Glacier Express. My wife will not ride in a seat that is facing the opposite direction that the train is traveling. I have reviewed the seating chart but am still confused as to which direction the cars are going. We will be going from Zermatt to St Moritz in first class. I know if I reserve 2 seats on the side of the car that only has two seats, one will be facing the direction we are traveling. However if we want to sit next to each other on the side with four seats how to you know which seats will be facing forward, odd or even numbers? Shout out to Arno for info on Raileurope discount for STP. Had no issues with purchase and received pass within two hours and saved $100, sweet!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    13 April 2019 at 0:28:14 #909172

The Glacier Express website says that direction of travel in relation to the seat plan cannot be guaranteed.

My experience with bookings at shop.glacierexpress.ch /gex_en/specials/daytr ips/glacier-express is the seats at the bottom of the screen are on the right heading west to east. Not sure if that helps or guarantees anything.

If you get the single seats facing each other your wife can face the direction of travel and you can face the other way. See http://www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress/gettingth ere for best side to sit.

Skorky
    Participant
    8 posts
    13 April 2019 at 0:49:55 #909173

Thank you Sir, I will book seats on the two seat side. We will be on train on Sept 25, 2019 so maybe the train will not be full, one can only hope.

• The thread ‘Forward seats Glacier Express Zermatt-St. Moritz’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.