Seat reservation for Golden Pass line 4 Jan

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 November 2019 at 11:29:33 #824436

Hi,

I have already bought a 1st class ticket for 13.44 Montreux-Zweissmen on 4 January, but when I try to reserve a seat I get this error message:

Leider gibt es an diesem Tag / zu dieser Zeit keine reservierbaren Züge.
    Bitte wählen Sie ein anderes Datum oder lassen Sie sich auch Züge ohne Reservationsmöglichkeit anzeigen.

I understand it means there are no ‘reservable seats’ on this particular train, but does that mean all seats are booked so I cannot travel on that train? Or does it just mean I can’t reserve a seat yet because it is too far in the future?

My whole itinerary (already booked!) centres around this trip so I am a bit worried, but as I can see seats available on trains up to 14 December, I’m hoping it’s just a timing issue.

Thanks for any advice.

Rachel

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    11 November 2019 at 19:31:57 #924975

Hello Rachel and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

I would say you have hit a website problem. Even their translation makes little sense. See attached.

It looks like there are plenty of 1st Class seats still available.

I travelled on the Belle Époque, late September and there were only 2 reserved seats and only 8 people in the 1st Class carriage.

You could try emailing or calling MOB if you are worried. Or make a reservation at http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass/packages.

• The thread ‘Seat reservation for Golden Pass line 4 Jan’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.