Seat reservations on the Golden Pass Line

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2017 at 2:14:59 #811482

If I do not arrange seat reservation in advance i.e. Golden Pass Line , is there any car unit belonged to non-seat reservation which I can hop on after buying ticket ? Or I cannot get on the train if I have not arranged seat reservation even have a ticket ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2017 at 3:01:55 #861893

Reservations are not compulsory on the Golden Pass line, so if you have a ticket or a valid pass, you can just board and find a vacant seat in the appropriate class (first class or second class).

However, depending on when you are doing this trip, you might find that many of the seats have already been reserved by others, especially between Zweisimmen and Montreux. Reserved seats will be indicated by a small electronic display above the seat. If you want a window seat, or want to be seated with a travel companion, it is probably a good idea to reserve a seat.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Seat reservations on the Golden Pass Line’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.