Seat reservation on Glacier Express in December

• Mutton_Curry
    Participant
    3 posts
    12 September 2022 at 4:36:32 #828322

Hi,

I am planning to ride the Glacier Express from St. Moritz to Zermatt on 12 December 2022 and I’ve researched that I needed to make a reservation 3 months before departure which should be today but I cannot seem to choose my date. I have also tried to click the date nearest to my departure which is 10 December but no seats were found late October to November onwards. Why is it like that? Really need help as this is really confusing.

Thanks

Edit: Looks like 24 October doesn’t have seat selection.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 September 2022 at 5:03:46 #946767

Please note: There will be no Glacier Express trains running between 24.10. to 10.12.2022

Mutton_Curry
    Participant
    3 posts
    12 September 2022 at 5:16:35 #946768

Hi, thanks for your reply.

But why isn’t 11th and 12th December open for reservation?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 September 2022 at 8:10:22 #946769

Because on 11 Dec, the annual timetable change will happen and the new timetable is not yet available.

Anna
    6355 posts
    12 September 2022 at 10:25:05 #946770

Hi Mutton Curry,

For your information, the timetable is usually updated every year in December (between 10th and 15th) so that might be why it’s difficult to find a connection.

However you may contact the Glacier Express directly if you wish to make your seat reservation when the online platform is not available. You can find the link to the official website here: http://www.myswissalps.com/glacierexpress/tickets (scroll to the bottom)

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you need more information.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Seat reservation on Glacier Express in December’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.