Travel on Glacier Express with double reservations

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 February 2019 at 4:24:35 #819831

Hi, I have purchased a seat reservation for the Glacier Express on the Glacier Express website. As it is noted that tickets can only purchase 2 months in advance (I am traveling in end of April), so I purchased tickets on the Euro Rail website which can be purchased now. However, the Euro Rail have also assigned seats for us. So, I would like to ask if I can still use the tickets from Euro Rail (with randomly assigned seats) with the seat reservation from Glacier Express website I purchased (the seats I want). Thanks a lot for advise.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 February 2019 at 8:56:34 #903788

Hi Chan, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Which website did you mean when you wrote Euro Rail? Is it http://www.raileurope. hk/train/glacier-express (since you are from Hong Kong)? Their tickets indeed include a seat reservation but you can’t pick exact seats. I don’t think it would be a problem to have such a ticket, plus separate reservations, but it’s not the usual way to arrange for the trip. You’ll have duplicate reservations that will exclude other passengers from booking.

You’d better buy a ticket without a reservation. Tickets don’t sell out, you can buy them minutes before departure at the station or online in advance: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/switzerland /price.

Depending on your entire itinerary in Switzerland, a ticket may not be the most cost effective way to travel. A pass of some sort may save you money. Please see:

Does this help you out?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 February 2019 at 9:15:37 #903789

Hi Arno, thanks a lot for your advise. That is exactly what’s happening now. However, I have already purchased both seat reservation from Glacier Express and tickets from Euro Rail. I will try to sort out with Glacier Express to see if I can release 2 of the seats for others to book. Thank you.

By the way, this is a great website and thanks for providing information to help everyone to travel in Switzerland.

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 February 2019 at 21:23:09 #903790

Thanks for your compliments Chan, enjoy the ride!

• The thread ‘Travel on Glacier Express with double reservations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.