Seat reservation or not…

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2015 at 6:47:44 #807421

Hi.

We are a family of five, and are on July 5th travelling from Genevé to Domodossola via Brig (and onward to Locarno via the Centovalli Line). I read that you do not need to book a ticket when travelling in Switzerland.. But I just wanted to make sure this applied during high season travelling in a group of 5 as well?

Thank you for a very usefull forum!! Looking forward to your respons.

🙂 Christine

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    19 June 2015 at 11:50:20 #843868

Hi tweetyr78, thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

You’re right, most trips within Switzerland don’t require seat reservations. The Centovalli line between Domodossola and Locarno is run by smaller regional trains and there may be somewhat limited capacity on peak moments during high season, but I don’t think you should worry when traveling with 5 people. Moreover, it’s not even possible to make seat reservations for this leg of the trip.

Note that you’ll be traveling abroad first, when getting from Geneva to Domodossola. The direct EuroCity trains do require seat reservations. You can best enter your entire trip in the timetable: enter Geneva as your departure station, Locarno as your arrival station and Domodossola as your via-station. The timetable will display all possible connections. Click on any of them for more details. For each leg of the route, it will be indicated whether seat reservations are required or possible.

I hope this helps you out!

• The thread ‘Seat reservation or not…’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.