Seat reservations made by travel agent.

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 August 2014 at 9:42:46 #806573

Hello, We are travelling on the Golden Pass line in a few weeks, leaving from Montreux at 9.44am. We have 1st class Eurail pass and our travel agent was supposed to make seat reservations, which I am trying to understand. We are on train 3118, coach 11, seats 15/16 from Montreux, but I now understand we change trains in Zweisimmen – do our seat reservations carry over to that train too? Our ticket just says its from Montreux to Interlaken Ost. Also we are on train 2223, coach 4, seats 171/173 from Interlaken to Lucerne – from what I have researched, this looks to be a 2nd class coach. Has our travel agent got it wrong? we wanted the panoramic coach from Interlaken to Lucerne. Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    13 August 2014 at 6:07:07 #840826

Hi ememte,

As for Montreux to Interlaken: if your reservation states the whole route from Montreux to Interlaken, then you have reserved seats in both trains. Basically these two trains are just one train in the timetable, with the same number (3118). The only reason you have to change in Zweisimmen is because the railway changes from narrow gauge to normal gauge there. Through trains will be available soon.

As for Interlaken to Lucerne: I don’t know which coaches are 1st or 2nd class. Normally, all coaches have panoramic windows, but you best check again with your travel agent to be sure about the class.

• The thread ‘Seat reservations made by travel agent.’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.