Seat reservations on Golden Pass & Bernina Express

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
chum444
chum444
19 posts
Mar 22, 2018 - 8:49 PM

We will be purchasing the Swiss Flex Pass for our trip beginning 19.06.2018. I understand we cannot purchase those tickets online until 30 days before that date. Correct?

If we cannot, is it possible to make seat reservations for the Golden Pass leg from Zweisimmen to Montreaux and on the Bernina express?

Want to say how helpful this site is. Thank you so much.

rockoyster
rockoyster
4069 posts
expert
Mar 22, 2018 - 9:25 PM in reply to chum444

With a Swiss Travel Pass Flex you don’t need tickets.

For reservations see www.rhb.ch/en/panorami c-trains/bernina-express#info and www.mob.ch/en/reservat ion-procedure.

You don’t need to buy the Pass before making reservations.

dianesher
dianesher
33 posts
Mar 24, 2018 - 4:07 AM

Hi Chum444. My apologies for joining this thread but I do have a question for Rockoyster.

I clicked the MOB link to make a reservation for June 4 from Montr to Zweisimmen and it’s asking for payment for the 4 2nd class seats I intend to reserve. It’s CHF 32.

I haven’t purchased our 4-day passes yet, and I thought I can make a reservation... Or did I misunderstood? Do reserved seats need payment? Thanks

rockoyster
rockoyster
4069 posts
expert
Mar 24, 2018 - 4:12 AM in reply to dianesher

Yes Diane, you need to pay for seat reservations at CHF8 a pop. Reservations and tickets are two separate things.

If you want specific seats you have to buy reservations. But you don't need train tickets if you have a Swiss Travel Pass. You don't need to buy the Swiss Travel Pass in order to make reservations.

Is that clear now?

Last modified on Mar 24, 2018 - 4:16 AM by rockoyster
dianesher
dianesher
33 posts
Mar 24, 2018 - 4:29 AM in reply to rockoyster

Got it, thank you!! I’ll finish the reservation shortly. Can you recommend the best seats? Or does it even matter which side? —

rockoyster
rockoyster
4069 posts
expert
Mar 24, 2018 - 5:02 AM in reply to dianesher

The experts say it doesn't much matter but with left side slightly favoured going Montreux to Zweisimmen. See www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass/gettingthere.

When you complete the journey you'll have one up on me! 😎

Last modified on Mar 24, 2018 - 5:02 AM by rockoyster

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018