Seat reservations on Golden Pass & Bernina Express

• chum444
    Participant
    19 posts
    22 March 2018 at 20:49:36 #814908

We will be purchasing the Swiss Flex Pass for our trip beginning 19.06.2018. I understand we cannot purchase those tickets online until 30 days before that date. Correct?

If we cannot, is it possible to make seat reservations for the Golden Pass leg from Zweisimmen to Montreaux and on the Bernina express?

Want to say how helpful this site is. Thank you so much.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    22 March 2018 at 21:25:32 #879560

With a Swiss Travel Pass Flex you don’t need tickets.

For reservations see http://www.rhb.ch/en/panorami c-trains/bernina-express#info and http://www.mob.ch/en/reservat ion-procedure.

You don’t need to buy the Pass before making reservations.

dianesher
    Participant
    33 posts
    24 March 2018 at 4:07:52 #879561

Hi Chum444. My apologies for joining this thread but I do have a question for Rockoyster.

I clicked the MOB link to make a reservation for June 4 from Montr to Zweisimmen and it’s asking for payment for the 4 2nd class seats I intend to reserve. It’s CHF 32.

I haven’t purchased our 4-day passes yet, and I thought I can make a reservation… Or did I misunderstood? Do reserved seats need payment? Thanks

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    24 March 2018 at 4:12:34 #879562

Yes Diane, you need to pay for seat reservations at CHF8 a pop. Reservations and tickets are two separate things.

If you want specific seats you have to buy reservations. But you don’t need train tickets if you have a Swiss Travel Pass. You don’t need to buy the Swiss Travel Pass in order to make reservations.

Is that clear now?

dianesher
    Participant
    33 posts
    24 March 2018 at 4:29:03 #879563

Got it, thank you!! I’ll finish the reservation shortly. Can you recommend the best seats? Or does it even matter which side? —

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    24 March 2018 at 5:02:11 #879564

The experts say it doesn’t much matter but with left side slightly favoured going Montreux to Zweisimmen. See http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass/gettingthere.

When you complete the journey you’ll have one up on me! 😎

• The thread ‘Seat reservations on Golden Pass & Bernina Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.