Seat reservations Zweisimmen-Montreux Golden Pass

Seat reservations Zweisimmen-Montreux Golden Pass

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
jkcool
jkcool
5 posts
Oct 13, 2017 - 5:54 AM

Hi All,

On this Sunday ( Oct 15), I am planning to take the Goldpass route from Zweisimmen to Montreux on the 12:25 service. Right now the second class carriage looks mostly free. Do you think it would be good to have seat reservations done. I am having a 4-day Swiss pass.

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
Oct 13, 2017 - 7:14 AM in reply to jkcool

Hi jkcool,

Is it just yourself traveling? I think you would be just fine now without reservations - there are 3 2nd class carriages with a lot of seats available.

If you are traveling with more people it might be wise to reserve just to ensure you all sit together; but it looks pretty wide open. :)

Reservations can be made online here if you wish.

jkcool
jkcool
5 posts
Oct 13, 2017 - 8:47 AM

Hi Lucas,

Sorry that I did not add any travelling party details ...

Travelling group : 4 adults ( 2 early 30s and 2 late 60s) and 15 month old.

Looks quite free. Also, from the seat plan the direction of the seats are not clear. I am looking for second class tickets.

Could you please look at the seat map attached and tell me which is the correct grouping of seats. (to sit together) ? The yellow highlighted one or the red circled one. I feel it is the red circled one. Also, are there any better sides ( left or right based on the direction of the travel.) ?

Please login to see the attached documents
Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
Oct 13, 2017 - 9:05 AM in reply to jkcool

Yes the seats circled in red is what you want to sit together.

I believe the direction of the train is the arrow above it (pointing left). The first class carriage is the first carriage.

We describe the train route on our Golden Pass page here. We note on that page that the sides aren't too important but the right side may be slightly better. If the train is pretty empty you can move around though.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017