Seat reservations Zweisimmen-Montreux Golden Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 October 2017 at 5:54:13 #813494

Hi All,

On this Sunday ( Oct 15), I am planning to take the Goldpass route from Zweisimmen to Montreux on the 12:25 service. Right now the second class carriage looks mostly free. Do you think it would be good to have seat reservations done. I am having a 4-day Swiss pass.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 October 2017 at 7:14:19 #870886

Hi jkcool,

Is it just yourself traveling? I think you would be just fine now without reservations – there are 3 2nd class carriages with a lot of seats available.

If you are traveling with more people it might be wise to reserve just to ensure you all sit together; but it looks pretty wide open. 🙂

Reservations can be made online here if you wish.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 October 2017 at 8:47:12 #870887

Hi Lucas,

Sorry that I did not add any travelling party details …

Travelling group : 4 adults ( 2 early 30s and 2 late 60s) and 15 month old.

Looks quite free. Also, from the seat plan the direction of the seats are not clear. I am looking for second class tickets.

Could you please look at the seat map attached and tell me which is the correct grouping of seats. (to sit together) ? The yellow highlighted one or the red circled one. I feel it is the red circled one. Also, are there any better sides ( left or right based on the direction of the travel.) ?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 October 2017 at 9:05:57 #870888

Yes the seats circled in red is what you want to sit together.

I believe the direction of the train is the arrow above it (pointing left). The first class carriage is the first carriage.

We describe the train route on our Golden Pass page here. We note on that page that the sides aren’t too important but the right side may be slightly better. If the train is pretty empty you can move around though.

• The thread ‘Seat reservations Zweisimmen-Montreux Golden Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.