Self made vs customised Switzerland tour?

Self made vs customised Switzerland tour?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
vdgandhi
vdgandhi
3 posts
May 14, 2017 - 7:38 AM

Hi,

I have been reading through the website since last few days and am actually feeling a little overwhelmed. Lots of things to consider and plan. We are doing a 14 day trip and was toying with the idea of splitting it between swiss and one more country (italy or austria).

But its getting extremely difficult to plan and decide with the amount of info out there. Hence was thinking maybe a service of a cusyomised tour operator might just be better.

Believe it might become a little costlier with them but coild save me the hassles and might just get the expert support i need.

What is your view? Is it worth it? I can spend a few more days to research and plan... my trip is in July... have time... it just feels that there is too much info...

Please suggest.

Regards

Vaibhav

Arno
Arno
10343 posts
expert &
May 14, 2017 - 10:51 AM

Hi Vaibhav,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! There is a good option for a customized itinerary here: myswissalps.com/custom holidays. It's often a bit more expensive than booking yourself. In return you will have to do no planning and booking at all. It will all be done for you, and you have someone to contact for help while in Switzerland if needed.

Alternatively there are guided and independent holiday packages. That saves you the time of planning too, but you will have to go with the fixed tour program (although sometimes details can be adjusted):

Of course, if you have time and like to plan your trip yourself, you can do so with the tips on our website. You can best start here: myswissalps.com/plantr ip/doityourself. Make an itinerary and feel free to post it to the forum here to ask questions.

It's all a matter of time, money and personal preferences. I hope this gets you started!

Last modified on May 14, 2017 - 10:52 AM by Arno
Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4485 posts
expert
May 14, 2017 - 6:45 PM in reply to vdgandhi

Hi Vaibhav-

In addition to Arno's valuable comments, you might pause in the learning process periodically and ask yourself - if you can- "what exactly do I wish to see/do in Switzerland?"

The answers may help you select locations, and can let us offer specific suggestions.

Slowpoke

Last modified on May 14, 2017 - 6:46 PM by Slowpoke
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 15, 2017 - 2:19 PM

In my opinion, for the independent traveler, the Swiss Travel Pass allows one to adapt to the weather on a daily basis. Too cloudy to take trip to a mountain top? Then maybe a train ride to a city and cultural center. Or a boat ride on a lake steamer. From central Switzerland (like Luzern) many options and good opportunities to improvise without being limited by the weather.

Last modified on May 15, 2017 - 5:36 PM by Annika
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 16, 2017 - 12:25 AM

My wife & I are doing 14 days by a self made plan. Use the great train system, and pick some great places you my want to see with some research & some experimenting. All & everything is worthwile seeing, but you can't do it all in 14 days. We're doing Lake Neuchatel, Zermat, Glacier Ex. Innsbruck, Salsburg & Garmish (Bavaria) back to Zurich. I would need another 2-3 weeks to see other areas I want, but.. another trip! You can get all the info on each town, & hotel on the internet & trains & other info on this forum and the SBB site. Do it yourself & enjoy your decision.

Last modified on May 16, 2017 - 4:57 PM by Arno
vdgandhi
vdgandhi
3 posts
May 16, 2017 - 1:16 AM in reply to Arno

Thanks Arno. I have tried creating my own and also reached out for a customized tour - both via myswissalps site. Thanks for creating this amazing website.

vdgandhi
vdgandhi
3 posts
May 16, 2017 - 1:19 AM in reply to Slowpoke

Thanks Slowpoke, JRoger... am planning the trip exactly following ur suggestions.

Thanks Peterzier for the views and suggestion.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018