Sending luggage on to resort from Zurich Airport

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2017 at 15:07:44 #812125

We are 3 adults, parents & son, travelling from London (Heathrow) to Zurich and then onward to Wengen by train. We travelled this route previously in the summer of 2015 and had booked again for the following year. Unfortunately I was taken ill & had to undergo some lengthy medical treatment during most of 2016, this is now complete & our holiday is awaiting us in July!

I wanted to ask if we can drop our suitcases off at the SBB office at Zurich airport and arrange to collect them at Wengen station, possibly the morning following our arrival. As I’m not back to full strength yet it would be so much easier for us not to have to manhandle all our luggage on & off various trains on our way to Wengen. When we left on our previous trip we left our luggage at Wengen station the day before we left and collected it at Zurich airport.

We are booked on BA & I know that we cannot leave our luggage at Heathrow as can be done if flying Swissair, but by using BA we have saved a substantial amount on our fares, so that was too good to ignore!

Lastly, do we have to book the luggage in before we travel or do we just drop it off and pay when we are at the SBB office?

With thanks in advance for any advice

Fleurette

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2017 at 16:11:10 #864510

Hi Fleurette,

Yes, you can go for the express luggage service which is explained more on our web page here.
    Essentially if you drop off luggage by 9am you can receive it by 6pm on the same day.
    Normal luggage service is able to be picked up 2 days later.

If you arrive after 9am they should be able to get it to you on the following evening by 6pm if you opt for the Express service. Links to Swiss railways are listed on the web page linked above as well.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Sending luggage on to resort from Zurich Airport’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.