Shopping for a Swiss design wool jersey

• Madri
    Participant
    6 posts
    21 September 2019 at 13:40:15 #823938

We are into our Switzerland trip and having a fantastic time! In wengen until tomorrow, then to Lucerne and Zermatt for another 7 days. I’m looking to buy a woolen jersey with Swiss type design. Where should I go to avoid the expensive tourist shops?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6279 posts
    21 September 2019 at 13:57:15 #922467

Hi Madri,

Good to hear you are having a fantastic time.

From personal experience, I would shop in one of the local stores namely the bigger Migros (MMM) and Coop (Coop City) or any Manor department store. They usually have a corner where they sell Swiss souvenirs at reasonable prices. H&M and C&A are good bets too but they probably won’t have the Swiss-type design wool jerseys you are looking for. You can always check the stores online for availability. There’s usually an option to pick up the item(s) at the store of your choice, if that’s more convenient for you.

http://www.myswissalps.com/pl antrip/doityourself/sa vemoney

Regards,
    Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 September 2019 at 0:23:51 #922468

I don’t think you will find what you are looking for away from ‘tourist shops’ and I don’t think clothes are much different in price between shops. Off season in Zermatt there may be a few ‘sale’ rails

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 September 2019 at 14:53:52 #922469

Hello Madri,

I am glad to know you are having a fantastic time in Switzerland!

The shops that Anna suggested would be a great place to look. I know that majority of the Coops and Migros shops in Lucerne sell souvenirs.

May I dare to suggest a economical tip to you?! You can find a sew/ iron-on badge of a Swiss flag or something of a Swiss type design to sew/iron on your favorite jersey you may have already. These sew/iron badges are found in souvenirs shops.

In Lucerne there is also Casagrande and Schweizer Heimatwerk that sells reasonable priced Swiss type design wool jerseys. There is Schweizer Heimatwerk located in the Zurich Airport as well.

I wish you all the best for the rest of your trip.

Best regards,

Suzanne

• The thread ‘Shopping for a Swiss design wool jersey’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.