Short hike end April Bernese Oberland low altitude

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Jason Lau
Jason Lau
22 posts
Apr 11, 2019 - 8:39 AM

Hi I would like to ask for some recommendations for short hikes in the area of Bernese Oberland in late April.

I will be based in Grindelwald. Initially I plan to hike from First to Bachalpsee but it seems that there is plenty of snow up there as from what I have seen from the webcam so far. That's why I may want to switch to some low-altitude short hikes.

I will visit Lauterbrunnen and Wengen, apart from these places, does anyone have recommendations for some low-altitude hikes in which I can see green landscape? I tried to search on the internet and the Tourism Board suggests Aeschi bei Speiz and it seems a good choice too.

How about areas nearby like Interlaken, Lungern and so on? Are there some easy hiking trails suitable for the weather of late April? Thank you.

Maria
Maria
818 posts
top member
Apr 11, 2019 - 11:02 AM

Hi Jason

We have a hiking guide on MySwissAlps where you can search by region and difficulty, and it will show you the altitudes of the hikes www.myswissalps.com/hi king

There are some good suggestions there.

If you go to lake Lucerne there are also a few lower-altitude activities there www.myswissalps.com/la kelucerne/activities

Rigi has plenty of hikes, when I was there a few weeks ago there was hardly any snow so that may be a good option for late April: www.myswissalps.com/ri gi

Hope this helps!

Maria.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019