2 days in Switzerland - day pass needed?

2 days in Switzerland - day pass needed?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
JuanT
JuanT
1 post
May 23, 2018 - 1:12 AM

We are a family of four (two kids of 9 and 14). We will stay one night in Tirano, leave our car there and then spend two days (one night) in Switzerland. Our night in Switzerland will be at the Bernina Hotel in Samedan. To travel from Tirano to Samedan and then back the following day to Tirano. 1) Should we buy two day passes or individual tickets? If we can we would like to visit a typical Swiss small town not to far away from Samedan 2) are there family discounts for train tickets? 3) should we buy them in advance or at the train station?

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help!

Juan

rockoyster
rockoyster
3586 posts
expert
May 23, 2018 - 2:50 AM in reply to JuanT

Hello Juan and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

1. My guess is the fare is less than a Saver Day Pass (www.myswissalps.com/on edaytravelpass/details). Depends if you plan much travel from and around Samedan. You can use the SBB Timetable (www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to find the fare. Note the first price you see will be the half-fare price so double that for the adults but not for the kids.

2. SOmeone else may be able to help on that one.

3. Kids travel at half-fare.

4. Your choice. Tickets don't sell out. If you want to travel on the Bernina Express (www.myswissalps.com/be rninaexpress) you will need reservations but not on the regular trains.

Lucas
Lucas
6430 posts
expert &
May 23, 2018 - 6:31 AM in reply to rockoyster

If you end up buying point to point tickets or the Saver Day Pass, then you could buy a junior card for the kids (30chf) which covers them for any trip(s) you all make.
https://www.myswissalp s.com/juniortravelcard

Arno
Arno
10555 posts
expert &
May 23, 2018 - 7:12 AM

Hi Juan,

St. Moritz is touristy but nevertheless a nice place for a stroll around the lake or a longer walk: www.myswissalps.com/hi king/lakestmoritz. Nearby Zuoz is nice as well. Very small, you don't spend hours or sightseeing there, but if you want to see a typical Swiss town it is one of the options: www.google.com/maps/@4 6.6017829,9.9594124,3a ,60y,13.28h,94.44t/dat a=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sZutqj KCghKxYsQxNBSWVzA!2e0! 7i13312!8i6656.

Or otherwise Sils, to be reached by bus from St. Moritz. Very small as well: www.google.com/maps/@4 6.4296102,9.762482,3a, 60y,316.15h,104.17t/da ta=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sQ15L VCKsT7ftV1dycOfHFw!2e0 !7i13312!8i6656.

Last modified on May 23, 2018 - 7:15 AM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018