Should I reserve seats Zweisimmen to Interlaken?

• AJB1
    Participant
    8 posts
    20 February 2019 at 20:51:27 #820023

I have an Interrail Switzerand pass.

I have reserved 2 seats on the Panorama coach Montreux to Zweisimmen for Sunday 2 June.

We will then go to Interlaken Ost on the 09.39am RE 4064 from Zweisimmen to Spiez and the IC 963, 10.33 – 10.57, Spiez to Interlaken Ost. The Interrail timetable website states that reservations are optional for this trip. From the various forum threads I have read about reservations I do not think that it is necessary for me to book (and pay for!) these reservations. Advice/confirmation please.

If it is advisable for me to reserve seats please could you tell me where I do that (and likely cost if you know).

Likewise for a journey from Interlaken to Alpnachstad the following day (TRN 2915; then change at Sarnen to SBA21531).

Many thanks

• The thread ‘Should I reserve seats Zweisimmen to Interlaken?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.