Should I stay a day more in Lucerne?

Should I stay a day more in Lucerne?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 13, 2018 - 6:41 PM

Am Traveling with family to Switzerland for the first time. We are staying in wengen for 5 days. We have bought the Swiss travel pass n tickets to Jungfrau n MT. Pilatus. We had planned on doing doing day trips to interlaken n other nearby areas for the remaining 3 days.

But now we are tempted to stay overnight in Lucerne and look around. I agree time taken from Wengen to Lucerne is 3 hrs. Is it worth the effort to book a hotel in Lucerne? N save time on the journey. Please advise.

Lucas
Lucas
8846 posts
expert &
May 13, 2018 - 11:00 PM in reply to Removed user

Hi Skaushik,

I think generally Lucerne is worth an overnight stay yes. It is a very scenic town & it is certainly easier to get to Pilatus from there as well.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
5006 posts
expert
May 14, 2018 - 12:52 AM in reply to Removed user

In addition to Lucas' comments, keep an eye on the weather.

Luzern can be nice even if cloudy. The Jungfrau region loses a lot of its scenery on cloudy days.

Also, because of seasonal weather and altitude, it would be valuable to know when you are traveling.

Slowpoke

Last modified on May 14, 2018 - 12:55 AM by Slowpoke
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 14, 2018 - 1:49 AM

Thank you Lucas and slowpoke. You guys have been of great help.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018