Basel or Bern on the way to Lauterbrunnen?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
G Witt
G Witt
8 posts
Sep 28, 2017 - 2:17 AM

my wife and I are traveling with the Swiss Travel Pass from Basel to Lauterbrunnen for 3 night stay in mid-October. We disembark from our cruise in the morning and are considering spending time visiting Basel or stopping at Bern. Which would be advisable before traveling on to Lauterbrunnen in the afternoon?

Lucas
Lucas
9928 posts
expert &
Sep 28, 2017 - 9:30 AM in reply to G Witt

Hi G Witt,

I'm not clear on what you mean by advisable? It is certainly easier to just explore Basel since you are already there. :)

Bern is also a lovely town - both have their charms so it is hard to say what you might like better. If I were to choose I would go for Bern.

Check out the links above to see what there is to do in and around each town that may help you choose.

G Witt
G Witt
8 posts
Sep 29, 2017 - 12:13 AM

thanks Lucas, yes advisable was not the right word. Really meant preference between the two. The links helped me get a feel for each city.

Lucas
Lucas
9928 posts
expert &
Sep 29, 2017 - 6:48 AM in reply to G Witt

No worries, I kind of figured that but wasn't sure.

At either town you can store luggage at the train station while you wander the town for a few hours - While Bern is my preferred town, if you haven't seen either town and it is only for an afternoon you can't go wrong either way I think.

Last modified on Sep 29, 2017 - 6:49 AM by Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018