Hands on experience Simlystore SIM card?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 3:26:14 #816813

Hello ,

Do anyone have/had a hands on experience using SIM card from simlystore.com ? I am looking for Data SIM which can be used in Italy, Switzerland and France. This simplystore does have a SIM that can be used in 3 countries but i would like to know some feedback

Also, our trip is just 2-3 weeks from now, is it too late to order from simlystore.com and get it before we leave or is there any way you can get the SIM while Switzerland and Italy ?

My apologies that I am discussing about Italy here, just wanted to ask feedback to use SIM in both the countries.

Thanks again

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    22 June 2018 at 4:32:40 #889070

Hi Euro2018,

I have used their Switzerland SIM card before writing our page http://www.myswissalps.com/si mcard about it. It worked fine, no issues. Shipping takes 3-7 business days, so no problem. This card is only available online. Once in Europe there are various shops to get SIM cards but I don’t know about their offers. One thing to watch out for in that case is that Switzerland is not part of the EU, and there are still a few providers who charge higher rates.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 7:48:05 #889071

hi – the Simply Sim prepaid card sounds like a good way to go. We are travelling Italy / France / Switzerland / UK & Ireland & home via Dubai … just over two months. the 3GB is 45.90 Euro … 90 days.. Approx $72.30 Aud So looks like the best way. Except we may need to make some phone calls . Has anyone looked into the phone card discount deal that Eurail offers?

thanks AusCol

Arno
    15484 posts
    22 June 2018 at 8:08:58 #889072

Hi AusCol,

I found the Eurail offer on https://www.eurail.com /en/deals/travel-deals but haven’t heard about it before. It might be an option if you don’t use much data per day (less than 100 Mb, which will work for e-mail and regular browsing).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 18:24:44 #889073

Hi Arno,

3 to 5 business to get in to US home address ?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2018 at 6:21:25 #889074

Hi Euro,

3-7 business days yes: http://www.simlystore. com/en/buy-prepaid-sim-card/europe-prepaid-data-sim-card-10-gb.html (see their product summary).

• The thread ‘Hands on experience Simlystore SIM card?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.