SIM card covering France, Switzerland and Italy

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Crystal3
Crystal3
9 posts
Oct 5, 2017 - 1:31 AM

Hi there

Can I check if the Orange Holiday SIM card from Paris can cover data and calls in Switzerland with no additional roaming charges? As I will be travelling from France to Switzerland to italy, I am looking for a SIM card option with data coverage and a small amount of talktime that can cover all three countries.

please advise!

thanks!

Arno
Arno
12290 posts
expert &
Oct 5, 2017 - 4:42 AM in reply to Crystal3

Hi Crystal,

Sorry, I don't know that particular card, but I do know that the Simly card for Europe covers all these countries without additional cost. You'll pay one fixed amount and that includes everything. Please see www.simlystore.com/en/ buy-prepaid-sim-card/europe-prepaid-data-sim-card-10-gb.htm. This is only data though, but with Skype and WhatsApp calls I never found that to be an issue. If calls are essential then take a look at www.onesimcard.com/int ernational-sim-card/onesimcard-europe-and-more/.

You'll find more information at www.myswissalps.com/si mcard.

rockoyster
rockoyster
4926 posts
expert
Oct 5, 2017 - 4:48 AM in reply to Crystal3

Hi Crystal

The Orange website (boutique.orange.fr/mob ile/carte-prepayee-orange-holiday-eng) says "Enjoy 10 GB of mobile internet in Europe with Orange Holiday, you can benefit from 10 GB of data mobile throughout the whole of Europe and Switzerland/Andorra whilst using your 4G." So I would say that you are good to go. In Switzerland Orange is now called Salt Mobile SA.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019