SIM card covering France, Switzerland and Italy

SIM card covering France, Switzerland and Italy

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Crystal3
Crystal3
9 posts
Oct 5, 2017 - 1:31 AM

Hi there

Can I check if the Orange Holiday SIM card from Paris can cover data and calls in Switzerland with no additional roaming charges? As I will be travelling from France to Switzerland to italy, I am looking for a SIM card option with data coverage and a small amount of talktime that can cover all three countries.

please advise!

thanks!

Arno
Arno
9571 posts
expert &
Oct 5, 2017 - 4:42 AM in reply to Crystal3

Hi Crystal,

Sorry, I don't know that particular card, but I do know that the Simly card for Europe covers all these countries without additional cost. You'll pay one fixed amount and that includes everything. Please see www.simlystore.com/en/ buy-prepaid-sim-card/europe-prepaid-data-sim-card-10-gb.htm. This is only data though, but with Skype and WhatsApp calls I never found that to be an issue. If calls are essential then take a look at www.onesimcard.com/int ernational-sim-card/onesimcard-europe-and-more/.

You'll find more information at www.myswissalps.com/si mcard.

rockoyster
rockoyster
762 posts
top member
Oct 5, 2017 - 4:48 AM in reply to Crystal3

Hi Crystal

The Orange website (boutique.orange.fr/mob ile/carte-prepayee-orange-holiday-eng) says "Enjoy 10 GB of mobile internet in Europe with Orange Holiday, you can benefit from 10 GB of data mobile throughout the whole of Europe and Switzerland/Andorra whilst using your 4G." So I would say that you are good to go. In Switzerland Orange is now called Salt Mobile SA.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017