SIM card for Italy and Switzerland

• Anagan
    Participant
    96 posts
    23 May 2022 at 15:35:05 #827277

Which sim card to buy for Italy and Swiss, 16 days trip. I am in USA where can I buy before trip and if yes, from which website? I am looking mainly for data. I am looking into orange but want to make sure it will work well in swiss, too. Thanks in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6279 posts
    23 May 2022 at 17:23:11 #942216

Hi Anagan,

If your focus is mainly data, you might want to consider using the Travelers’ WiFi. You can find all the details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/simcard. There is also option to buy a SIM card (scroll down to Option 2).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anna

Anagan
    Participant
    96 posts
    23 May 2022 at 17:36:30 #942217

thanks anna. i did looked into it and most of the sim cards i sold out except one. it is $50 for 12 gb. I will look after few days and may be sim cards are in stock. thanks again.

Anagan
    Participant
    96 posts
    24 May 2022 at 0:56:49 #942218

I can buy orange SIM card from USA that will work in Italy for sure. Orange company is called salt in Switzerland. Does anyone know if orange will work without any issue in Switzerland and no roaming charge?

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 May 2022 at 5:11:21 #942219

Hi Anagan,

I recommend to double check that with Orange. If it works in it Italy it will likely work in Switzerland as well, but Switzerland is not part of the EU and in rare cases that could make a difference price wise.

• The thread ‘SIM card for Italy and Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.