A week in Switzerland – tips and comments

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2018 at 8:29:12 #816246

Hi

Thanks to all who have kept this platform so informative and helpful . I completed my 11 days trip from India to Paris and Switzerland. Switzerland is best seen by train.

Orange holiday sim bought at Paris airport valid for 14 days priced at 40 euro works very well through out Switzerland.

I used Google maps in Zurich, Geneva, Jungfraujoch, Lucerne, St. Moritz, and Lugano . I consumed only 2 GB out of 10 GB available. At Rhine falls. .yellow boat only which drops you on the central rock is charging 20 chf per person for 30 minutes and no discount for Swiss pass holders. Toilet facilities are not chargeable at most of the tourist spots and railway stations. You have already paid a huge visa fees for your one or two weeks trip so Swiss government pays back well.

The expensive Swiss Travel Pass is really a must. It keeps you worry free for your travel through out switzerland. You don’t need to buy bottled water as tap water is potable through out Switzerland. Food is really expensive and souvenirs are too expensive. Average hotels don’t provide you tea kettle in your room even if I paid 160 chf per night in Gstaad. Switzerland is expensive but it’s really a heaven on earth. English is well understood and spoken.

Thanks to all once again!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2018 at 9:05:24 #886437

Hi hmrahul and thanks for the report!

What do you mean by the Swiss government pays back well? Is that in reference to the free toilets? Some are free but some are not. 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2018 at 12:55:32 #886438

Hi lucas

I mean all the public facilities including potable drinking water, punctual trains, public clean toilets and right guidance to tourists. Arranging busses on golden pass line with a responsibility to make sure connection for all passengers when direct trains do not ply from Gstaad to Montreux.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2018 at 15:16:48 #886439

Ah yes ok.

Your money is certainly going to use! 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2018 at 10:53:42 #886440

Hi @Hmrahul

I am from India and planning for the similar trip as yours.

Can you share your FB profile link or any other social media platform info, where I can connect with you?

Need to know how you planned this trip (Agent or On your own), Which hotels you booked, which places you visited and Overall cost of the trip.

I am planning to visit swiss and Paris without any agents.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2018 at 8:53:32 #886441

Thanks for your report.

Den

• The thread ‘A week in Switzerland – tips and comments’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.