A week in Switzerland - tips and comments

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
hmrahul
hmrahul
11 posts
May 27, 2018 - 8:29 AM

Hi

Thanks to all who have kept this platform so informative and helpful . I completed my 11 days trip from India to Paris and Switzerland. Switzerland is best seen by train.

Orange holiday sim bought at Paris airport valid for 14 days priced at 40 euro works very well through out Switzerland.

I used Google maps in Zurich, Geneva, Jungfraujoch, Lucerne, St. Moritz, and Lugano . I consumed only 2 GB out of 10 GB available. At Rhine falls. .yellow boat only which drops you on the central rock is charging 20 chf per person for 30 minutes and no discount for Swiss pass holders. Toilet facilities are not chargeable at most of the tourist spots and railway stations. You have already paid a huge visa fees for your one or two weeks trip so Swiss government pays back well.

The expensive Swiss Travel Pass is really a must. It keeps you worry free for your travel through out switzerland. You don't need to buy bottled water as tap water is potable through out Switzerland. Food is really expensive and souvenirs are too expensive. Average hotels don't provide you tea kettle in your room even if I paid 160 chf per night in Gstaad. Switzerland is expensive but it's really a heaven on earth. English is well understood and spoken.

Thanks to all once again!

Lucas
Lucas
9846 posts
expert &
May 27, 2018 - 9:05 AM in reply to hmrahul

Hi hmrahul and thanks for the report!

What do you mean by the Swiss government pays back well? Is that in reference to the free toilets? Some are free but some are not. :)

hmrahul
hmrahul
11 posts
May 27, 2018 - 12:55 PM

Hi lucas

I mean all the public facilities including potable drinking water, punctual trains, public clean toilets and right guidance to tourists. Arranging busses on golden pass line with a responsibility to make sure connection for all passengers when direct trains do not ply from Gstaad to Montreux.

Lucas
Lucas
9846 posts
expert &
May 27, 2018 - 3:16 PM in reply to hmrahul

Ah yes ok.

Your money is certainly going to use! :)

Atul
Atul
1 post
May 28, 2018 - 10:53 AM in reply to hmrahul

Hi @Hmrahul

I am from India and planning for the similar trip as yours.

Can you share your FB profile link or any other social media platform info, where I can connect with you?

Need to know how you planned this trip (Agent or On your own), Which hotels you booked, which places you visited and Overall cost of the trip.

I am planning to visit swiss and Paris without any agents.

Magicden
Magicden
21 posts
May 31, 2018 - 8:53 AM in reply to hmrahul

Thanks for your report.

Den

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018