Hotels near Geneva with snow in late November

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 October 2017 at 10:14:29 #813473

Hi

I am visiting Switzerland with my wife and parents on the 29th November to 1st December 2017.

I intend on staying in the snow.

Please recommend a Hotel/ Resort not more than 2 hours away from Geneva.

We’re from the desert and so want to see some snow, wake up in the midst of it.

I plan on visitng Zermat for skiing the next day of landing, but do not want to make it my base.

Since my father is on a wheelchair i am hiring a car, and would prefer to make a SKI RESORT near Geneva my base.

I just want to see snow, for skiing i will be going to Zermatt

Please recommend a hotel/ cottage in an area where i could find snow

I am open to suggestions/ recommendations, currently looking at Tignes/ Argentierie/ Val de thoren/ Val d’isere/ Verberie/ Wengen/ Val d’illiez/ Thonnon – les -Bains/ Champery

Really confused with the resorts. Looking for 3 to 4 star hotels

Grateful for your help,

Thanks & Regards,

G

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 October 2017 at 16:15:31 #870792

Hi G and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I can’t tell you where in Switzerland you can definitely get snow unfortunately.
    It is a bit of luck with weather. November isn’t a good time yet for snow in most towns in Switzerland (except up in the mountains).

I would choose the resort or town that is highest in elevation to get the best chances of snow. What is it about the resorts you are looking at that is confusing?

Zermatt is fairly high at 1600 meters and would be a good option. If you are only in Switzerland for a couple nights I would want to just stay in one town and not move around though – why not Zermatt for the whole trip?

Another option could be Saas-Fee (1800 meters).

Again it will be a matter of altitude and luck to get snow. You will get to see snow in Zermatt in the mountains (and you can all go and visit a couple of them such as Gornergrat and Klein Matterhorn. But the village itself is hit and miss.

• The thread ‘Hotels near Geneva with snow in late November’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.