Ski school available at Gornergrat, Zermatt?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 February 2019 at 4:10:57 #820032

I will be staying at the Kulmhotel in Gornegat for 2 nights this March. I would like to pencil in at least a good 3 hours of skiing with an instructor. Is there any ski school with equipment included up in the Kulmhotel or I have to travel down to the city proper to avail of one? I googled the hotel and I could not find any info.

CWash

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 February 2019 at 11:41:48 #904670

Hi!

I quickly phoned your hotel to see if they worked with any particular ski schools but they said you need to organise for lessons with a ski school in the town of Zermatt, and make sure that they are going up to Gornergrat (as some go to Kleine Scheidegg).

It is probably best you choose one and then go there for equipment rental etc. I am sure they can organise that with you.

You can go to this link to choose the best one for you: http://www.zermatt.ch/en/ski-schools

Here is also a link to Zermatt for any other info: http://www.myswissalps.com/ze rmatt

Have a great time skiing!

Maria.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 February 2019 at 20:06:10 #904671

Thank you Maria. I immediately checked zermatt.ch/en/ski-schools and their website is informative. I have yet to call them to check if equipment rental is included in the instruction fee is separate. The time difference between the US and Switzerland is kind of a difficulty trying to reach out to someone in that company but I will get it. I appreciate all your help in this site. You guys have been amazing in providing assistance to us who wants to explore your country. Thank you again.

CWash

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 February 2019 at 20:13:48 #904672

You’re welcome! They should also be responsive by email if you send the exact details of what you are after and make a reservation.

If you haven’t managed to get a proper reply by next Wednesday let me know!

Have a great time in Zermatt, so jealous!

Maria.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 February 2019 at 6:30:28 #904673

Hello Maria,

Per your advice, I did get to call Kulmhotel and also Zermatters.ch regarding ski instructions and rental equipment. Both the hotel and the ski company were very warm and helpful. So the hotel does not offer ski instructions but they advised me to connect with them and arrange everything with the said company. The company only offers instructions but I could have the instructions close to the Kulmhotel as long as I rent the equipment from another company next to their store in the town center of Zermatt. All this I will do so when I get to Zermatt.

Thank you again.

CWash

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 February 2019 at 7:48:30 #904674

Thanks for the update CWash, enjoy your time in Zermatt!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2019 at 1:03:40 #904675

Have you looked at Stoked Ski School? They are excellent, my children have used them for several years and we prefer them over Zermatters.

I believe they offer packages with rental equipment and even have a beginner 3 hours for 3 days private lesson deal. I suggest calling them for details and how to coordinate with them given that you will be staying in Gornergrat.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2019 at 1:39:42 #904676

they said you need to organise for lessons with a ski school in the town of Zermatt, and make sure that they are going up to Gornergrat (as some go to Kleine Scheidegg).

It is unlikely that a ski school in Zermatt would take its pupils to Kleine Scheidegg 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2019 at 6:54:46 #904677

Wonderful! glad you’re all sorted CWash!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2019 at 7:06:10 #904678

I am looking into Stoked Ski School right now. I have sent them an email. So it now a wait and see. I just hope they get back to me on time before I fly out this weekend.

Thank you again.

CWash

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 February 2019 at 21:37:29 #904679

So I did contact Stoked Ski School and they were very prompt in replies. I now have a reservation for a private ski lessons with them including equipment rental. They were nice enough to let me know that if I would like to ski only up in Gornergat, they would not be able to help me since another ski company owns the ski runs up in Gornergat. I did contact that said company but they do not provide equipment rentals. So I have settled with Stoked Ski School and I am really looking forward to it.

This is my first ever solo trip to the Swiss Alps. Apprehensive? yes. Excited? yes.

Thanks everyone.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 March 2019 at 14:00:38 #904680

That’s fantastic! enjoy your stay in Zermatt and hope you have great weather!!

Maria.

• The thread ‘Ski school available at Gornergrat, Zermatt?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.