About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Best tickets for ski trip Geneva-Zermatt
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Best tickets for ski trip Geneva-Zermatt

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Claire8511
Claire8511
1 post
Nov 22, 2021 - 11:12 AM

Hi everyone, I’m hoping someone can help as the ticketing system seems complicated -

we need to travel from Geneva to Tasch and return to Geneva airport 16 days later. In between we need to take the train daily between tasch and zermatt. Could anyone tell me the best tickets I could buy for that? Ideally we would have some kind of travel card but the Swiss pass would be much more expensive for those journeys I think.

Anna
Anna
1705 posts
top member &
Nov 22, 2021 - 12:05 PM in reply to Claire8511

Hi Clair8511,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

Based on your plans, I think the Saver Day Pass might be the best option for your trip between Geneva and Zermatt. If you book the pass early, you might get a good price. More info here: www.myswissalps.com/saverdaypass

If you're travelling daily between Täsch and Zermatt, you can buy a multi-day tickets to use the train shuttle. This can be bought at the counter or ticket machine. This can also be combined with your ski pass.

Regards,

Anna

1960man
1960man
2906 posts
top member
Nov 23, 2021 - 12:55 AM in reply to Claire8511

One of the range of tickets for the Swiss Travel system used to be the Swiss Transfer ticket, this was aimed at tourists arriving at the main Swiss frontier points and just travelling to and from a resort, without wanting to travel during their stay. Sadly this was abolished, with no good reason and with no obvious alternative.

As such I share Anna's view that a Saver Day Pass (or supersaver if available) would be your best bet, if it is cheaper than an ordinary point to point ticket.

Shuttling between Täsch and Zermatt comes under the local Zermatt area fare and ski pass system, so you would get that once 'on site'. For a winter holiday I always prefer to stay within Zermatt village as I find that much more 'cosy' option

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Swiss Travel Pass promotion: 25% discount
Available until 11 December 2021. Book 11 months in advance. Free cancellation.
https://shop.switzerlandtravelcentre.com/#/en/home.

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2021