Skiing holiday in Zermatt, Jungfraujoch in Dec “22

• Joey17
    Participant
    3 posts
    2 February 2022 at 16:48:50 #826467

Hey, this is my first time heading to Europe from Boston, Ma. I am 25 Years old and I have always dreamed of going to Paris and Skiing in the Swiss Alps. Although this is a dream, I am having such a hard time trying to plan this trip out for my girlfriend and I. If someone who is experienced would be so kind to input some advice in the comments below, that would be super helpful! We have around a $10,000 budget between both of us. We honestly are there to adventure and tour and try new foods and see some amazing things and see what being in a different country is like. We both are 100% skiing as well. The main points of my trip I want to be Paris and Zermatt, but I want to explore other parts of Switzerland as well! Here is an itinerary I created. If anyone can look over this, make some suggestions or anything that would be great!

Day 1 [Dec 8th] – Take off from Boston at 6PM & land in Paris 6AM next day (day 2).

Day 2-5 [Dec 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th] – Explore Paris

Day 6 [Dec 13th] – Leave Paris early in the morning & take train to Interlaken, Switzerland.

– Plan to leave Paris 0800 & arrive in Interlaken at 1400. (Should I take a plane instead?)

– Once arrived, check into hotel (any recommended Hotels?) & take a trip up to Harder Klum before heading back to the hotel for evening dinner.

– Spend night in Interlaken, Switzerland.

Day 7 [Dec 14th] – Take a day trip to Jungfraujoch – The Top of Europe & spend the night in Interlaken.

– On the way to the train, I plan to go up via Lauterbrunnen/Wengen from Interlaken since Interlaken has cheaper accommodation than Grindelwald. We will get off at Lauterbrunnen to see the waterfall and walk behind it before getting back on the train towards Wengen. On the way back down, have a meal in Grindelwald.

– Is this a good idea or do you recommend something else?

– Also, do you recommend staying in Interlaken again overnight or heading out to Zermatt after the day trip to Jungfraujoch?

– Any places to grab food after the day trip as well?

Day 8 [Dec 15th] – Leave Interlaken early in the morning & take train to Zermatt, Switzerland.

– I believe we have to hop on the train in Interlaken, change trains in Spiez, take the train to Visp & then take the train to Zermatt? (Is this correct?)

– It’s only a 2.5 Hour train ride, correct?

– Once arrived, settle down, chill out, have some coffee, walk around the resort and shop.

– Are there any recommended hotels you guys can tell me about? (Good prices and Views)

– Do you suggest doing anything else on my first day in Zermatt?

Day 9 [Dec 16th] – Visit the Matterhorn

– Spend the night in Zermatt.

– Is the Matterhorn an all-day thing or should I add something else into the mix on this day?

– Should we go visit the Gornergrat? If so, what day should I add this in?

Day 10 [Dec 17th] – Go skiing in Zermatt (Probably would spend most of the day skiing)

– Should we do anything after Skiing?

Day 11 [Dec 18th] – Zermatt – I’m not sure of anything else we could do… Any recommendations?

– (We love skiing)

Day 12 [Dec 19th] – Again, nothing planned for this day… Should we stay in Zermatt for this day, or should we head out early and take a trip somewhere else?

– One thing I thought of is taking the 8-hour train ride, The Glacier Express to St. Moritz via INTERLAKEN because it’s very scenic.

– Or head to Luzern instead?

– Stay wherever we decide overnight.

Day 13 [Dec 20th] – Head out of wherever we are at the time based off the info you guys provide me, Either Zermatt, St. Moritz or Luzern later in the day and head to Zurich.

– Stay in Zurich overnight.

Day 14 [Dec 21st] – Leave Zurich Airport & head back home to Boston, MA

I need recommendations for the last part of my trip! Should we cancel out some places and spend some more time in others? Should we do other activities? We are open to anything. Again we are a young couple looking to have some fun, see some beautiful places and try some amazing food.

Also, is this too much stuff to do or is this do-able. We are fast movers and efficient.

Any recommendations for this itinerary would be amazing!

• The thread ‘Skiing holiday in Zermatt, Jungfraujoch in Dec “22’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.