Sledging from Grindelwald - longest run?

Sledging from Grindelwald - longest run?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Shanpassmore
Shanpassmore
21 posts
Jan 11, 2018 - 11:48 AM

Hi everyone.

We would like to know...first of all how do you get to the longest run from Grindewald? And does a Swiss Rail Pass cover you for this journey?

Lucas
Lucas
8846 posts
expert &
Jan 11, 2018 - 12:05 PM in reply to Shanpassmore

Hi SHanpassmore,

There is a website dedicated to Grindelwald - Bussalp here, which I believe is what you are looking for?

Swiss rail passes don't cover it but the Jungfrau Region's Hiking and sledging pass does (until 16:00).

Last modified on Jan 18, 2018 - 11:22 AM by Arno
Shanpassmore
Shanpassmore
21 posts
Jan 11, 2018 - 12:17 PM in reply to Lucas

Thank you.

So you cant get a train to Bussalp from Grindelwald using your STP then hire the sledge from there?

Shanpassmore
Shanpassmore
21 posts
Jan 11, 2018 - 12:25 PM in reply to Lucas

Is it also possible to go to First via cable car from Grindelwald with your STP, then walk to Faulhorn? Hmmm, where to do you get your sledge from then? I'm just thinking out loud. I would have been nice to go up one way and come down via the Big Pintenfritz?

Sorry if I'm not making any sense.

Shan

Lucas
Lucas
8846 posts
expert &
Jan 11, 2018 - 4:33 PM in reply to Shanpassmore

No you can't use any Swiss rail Passes for that route (including the Swiss Travel Pass). But the Jungfrau Sledging and Hiking Pass will cover the bus (no train) to Bussalp until 4pm.

You can hike to Faulhorn (about 800 meters up from Bussalp). It is quite the hike though!

There's a map on my above link as well if you didn't see it before: https://www.grindelwal dbus.ch/en/sledging/

Last modified on Jan 11, 2018 - 6:56 PM by Arno

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018