Sledging from Grindelwald – longest run?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 January 2018 at 11:48:36 #814001

Hi everyone.

We would like to know…first of all how do you get to the longest run from Grindewald? And does a Swiss Rail Pass cover you for this journey?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 January 2018 at 12:05:21 #874026

Hi SHanpassmore,

There is a website dedicated to Grindelwald – Bussalp here, which I believe is what you are looking for?

Swiss rail passes don’t cover it but the Jungfrau Region’s Hiking and sledging pass does (until 16:00).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 January 2018 at 12:17:34 #874027

Thank you.

So you cant get a train to Bussalp from Grindelwald using your STP then hire the sledge from there?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 January 2018 at 12:25:55 #874028

Is it also possible to go to First via cable car from Grindelwald with your STP, then walk to Faulhorn? Hmmm, where to do you get your sledge from then? I’m just thinking out loud. I would have been nice to go up one way and come down via the Big Pintenfritz?

Sorry if I’m not making any sense.

Shan

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 January 2018 at 16:33:42 #874029

No you can’t use any Swiss rail Passes for that route (including the Swiss Travel Pass). But the Jungfrau Sledging and Hiking Pass will cover the bus (no train) to Bussalp until 4pm.

You can hike to Faulhorn (about 800 meters up from Bussalp). It is quite the hike though!

There’s a map on my above link as well if you didn’t see it before: https://www.grindelwal dbus.ch/en/sledging/

• The thread ‘Sledging from Grindelwald – longest run?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.