Snow clad places in Switzerland September/October

• Sweta210
    Participant
    19 posts
    31 March 2019 at 12:20:21 #820693

Hello All,

I am planning a trip to Switzerland in September or October. Please help me with the places where I can find snow during this time of year. I don’t intend to do adventure activities just want to enjoy the beauty of snow.

Thanks and Regards,

Sweta

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    31 March 2019 at 13:03:05 #907989

Hello Sweta210, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Klein Matterhorn above Zermatt is what you are looking for.

Arno
    15471 posts
    31 March 2019 at 13:44:00 #907990

Hi Sweta,

The choice is pretty limited in September unfortunately, as it’s the end of summer: http://www.myswissalps.com/be sttimetovisit. There are options however, and Snowman offered a good suggestion. Other options are Jungfraujoch, Mittelallalin and Titlis:

Have fun!

Sweta210
    Participant
    19 posts
    31 March 2019 at 13:59:28 #907991

Hey Snowman,

Thank you for your quick response. Can you please help me understand what kind of scenic views i will be viewing in September / October?

Will it be?

1. Snow covered mountains.

2. Frozen lakes

3. Greenery

4. Will there be grapes in grape vineyards?

5. I have read,that i can witness season transition from greenery to falling autumn leaves in this months. Is it true?

Thanks and Regards,

Sweta

Sweta210
    Participant
    19 posts
    31 March 2019 at 14:22:50 #907992

Hey Arno,

Thank you for your suggestions. Can you also help answering questions addressed to Snowman below.

Regards,

Sweta

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    31 March 2019 at 14:23:23 #907993

Hello Sweta,

Switzerland is a rather small country, yet you have to go to different places to see the things you mention. Also, first, let me state that it is impossible to predict now what the weather will be when you travel. Exteremely different situation might happen in Sep-Oct. Now:

1. Yes, in the Alps, if not in the clouds or fog.

2. No, that’s too early.

3. Yes.

4. In early September, yes. Grape harvest started on Sep. 10 last year. Don’t pick grapes in the vineyards! The best views are along Lakes Geneva and Neuchâtel, as well as west of Geneva and in Ticino.

5. True, in the 2nd half of October.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 March 2019 at 18:12:37 #907994

Hi. I am planning a family trip in second week of october. Do update places you plan to visit. I am unsure which all places would be good to visit during october.

Also, what is better way to travel, eurorail or car?

Arno
    15471 posts
    31 March 2019 at 19:40:31 #907995

Hi Vikasjain,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! You can indeed keep an eye on this thread for inspiration. For questions regarding your own trip, you can best open a new thread (see our forum rules).

In general, trains are the best way to travel:

Sweta210
    Participant
    19 posts
    1 April 2019 at 14:31:01 #907996

Hi Snowman,

Thank you for all the replies.

Hello Vikasjain,

I am in the process of planning my trip there will be more related questions here for the same. I will surely post my final travel plan here to get feedback.

Regards,

Sweta

• The thread ‘Snow clad places in Switzerland September/October’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.