Snow conditions around Locarno Ticino mid June

• Olavegil
    Participant
    10 posts
    23 May 2019 at 11:13:49 #821794

I’m considering a week long trip to Ticino around june 10th, mainly for hiking. Locarno will be my place of stay if I go there. I’ve seen pictures from the mountains in Italy in connection with the Giro indicating that there still is a lot of snow there. Is there anyone who knows if there is a lot of snow in the mountains around Locarno, especially in Valle Maggia and Verzasca. I’m not counting on trips to 3000m, but it would be a big advantage if It was snow free at least at 2000-2200m.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 May 2019 at 17:35:41 #913146

Hi Olavegil,

Viewing points like Cimetta and Monte Generoso at 1600 m are snow free already, so I don’t think you should have any issues at 2000 meter in two weeks time. However, always keep an eye on the weather and avalanche forecasts, and ask the local tourist office in case of any doubts.

• The thread ‘Snow conditions around Locarno Ticino mid June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.