Snow on Mt.Titlis in summer?

• Monzi
    Participant
    6 posts
    3 July 2020 at 7:37:55 #825604

Hello, We are planning to travel to Switzerland in July 2020. As our main purpose to travel there is see Snow Alps. So i want to know if there is good amount of snow during end of july in Mount Titlis? or there is very little snow during July end in Mount Titlis?

Or please recommend any other mountains that will have huge amount of snow in July apart from Mount matterhorn?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    3 July 2020 at 10:48:01 #933806

Hi Monzi,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

If you are travelling from Sweden, please be aware that Sweden is one of the countries on the high-risk list which require travellers to self-quarantine for 10 days upon arrival. This new rule comes into effect on 6 July 2020. For the latest updates, please follow this thread: http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/does-the-corona-virus-affect-trips-to-switzerland

As for your question regarding Mount Titlis, at more than 3000m above sea level, you can expect to see snow all year round on Titlis, including in the summer. You can find more information about Mt Titlis here: http://www.myswissalps.com/titlis

Regards,

Anna

Monzi
    Participant
    6 posts
    3 July 2020 at 13:33:24 #933807

Thankyou for quick response. Much appreciated for providing details response.

I dont see Sweden among the countries listed for HIGH RISK for Corona virus.(please see attachment).

Can you confirm the same if citizens from Sweden can travel to Switzerland or not? Or provide me any links where i can confirm the same?

Thanks again.

Anna
    6382 posts
    3 July 2020 at 14:16:21 #933808

Hi Monzi,

Sweden is in the list. Spellt in German as Schweden.

You can read the English article here: http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/switzerland-publishes-list-of–high-risk–travel-quarantine-countries/45877556

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2020 at 23:05:02 #933809

My advice would be to change your plans. Snow stays on the very highest parts of Alpine peaks in summer, but not in ‘huge’ amounts. Mid summer is not the time to visit the Alps to see a ‘winter wonderland’ snow effect, so I think you could be disappointed if you travel in July for snow.

You are not correct about the Matterhorn – it has little snow on it in mid summer, so you may have seen a winter or spring picture.

Mark
    Participant
    804 posts
    4 July 2020 at 16:53:03 #933810

Jungfrau should have snow in the summer. While you cannot reach the peak of Jungfrau you can go to Jungfraujoch. I have never wanted to go to Jungfraujoch personally so I don’t have any direct experience but I believe it does have snow in summertime. If you look at my thumbnail photo of the Matterhorn you will see very little snow as 1960man suggests. The photo was taken in early September. I have seen a fair amount of snow on the Gornergrat peak occasionally in summer but usually not much.

Of course if you aren’t allowed in Switzerland it is a moot point.

Mark

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2020 at 19:57:50 #933811

Yes, there is generally some snow under foot at Jungfraujoch, although arguably too much like a theme park nowadays

• The thread ‘Snow on Mt.Titlis in summer?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.